Monday, February 2, 2015

Baby: The beauty of being

Having a newborn so close to me everyday got me wondering...

Doesn't he get bored? The sleeping, waking, feeding, changing of diapers, showering, changing clothes... and the cycle repeats itself. A friend said that it is all that is expected of him at this stage. And it is enough.

I wondered how it would be if I were to do that. Before anyone can admonish me, I think I would yank my hair in restlessness. I would need to DO something, doing something to make me feel alive. I suppose I could only define myself from what I do, and not who I am. Somewhere along the way of years, I forgot how it is like to Be. And the race began to Do.

It is sad, really. I don't mean I should just sleep and eat and shower all the days of my life. But I wish to do something because I know who I am, not because I want to be something.

And when all is taken away, my works, my doings, I hope I can be as contented as the newborn, safe in the knowledge that just Being is enough.

No comments: